Friday, November 29, 2013

Adrift and at peace

My aunt husband has been living  in the states for over 25yrs and for once he never cared about the child she bore him. He is married now with three kids and my aunt is still hoping and praying that he would come back to his senses and say sorry. Of course she is willing to forgive him.

Someone asked me the kind of man I want to marry to which I replied "the one I won't be willing to divorce" cos if I were my aunt I would have served that dude the divorce papers 20yrs ago.

Its human to become too attached to people or things and it can be very difficult to let go of these attachments even when we know they are of no good. We all want to be happy and avoid hurts yet we consistently pin ourselves in situations that set us for pain.We pin our happiness to people, things and circumstances. We stress about the possibility of loosing them. We attach to feelings as if they define us and ironically not just positive ones.

l strongly believe that holding on and hanging in there are signs of great strength.However,i've come to realize that it takes much more strength to know when to let go and then do it. Its no simple undertaking to let go of an attachment, not a one -time decision instead its a day to day,moment -to- moment decision. The best approach is to start simple and work your way through. Here are baby steps to letting go

1. Accept the moment; live free of regrets.
2.  Believe now is enough; tomorrow may not look thesame as today, no matter how much you try to control it.
3. Define yourself in fluid terms ; its simple.Define yourself in terms that evolve change.
4. Justify less; a dude once told me his life would suck without me#shrugs#. These kind of thoughts reinforce beliefs that are not fact, even if they feel like it.
Pain is unavoidable but you can make the best out of every situation. Learn to let go. Its hurts carrying baggages.

Sometimes you stay adrift to gain peace, joy and happiness.

Follow us on twitter @dahliadona and we will follow back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

For Guest Posts and Adverts, send an email to favourmoyse@gmail.com or call +2347038888290.

Contact Check!

  I remembered l have a blog today again. Not like today is the first day this has crossed my mind, but l decided to visit this site today a...