Friday, January 2, 2015

Dear God

Hey FMBers.

I was cooking  today and had my mp4 on shuffle. I have thousands of songs but this one brought tears to my eyes. It's so appropriate for the new year. Read the lyrics and buy this song if you can. It's powerful.

"Dear God" by Smokie Norful

[Verse 1:]

It feels so good to make it this far
And I didn't think I could take it so long

There were days I wanted to quit
I said surely this is it
But I held on
And I watched as so called friends turn and walk away
It hurt so much I didn't have words to say
But even when my day turns to night and nothing seems just right
Lord I thank you for, for my life

[Chorus:]

For my life, Lord I thank you
For every victory in you I've seen
And all the moments I know it was you who kept me
So I thank you for, for my life

[Verse 2:]

And I watched you take my family from there to here
And when times were a lil rough God I know you were near
And the moments I thought I failed I was reminded of your nails
So I held on
And if I never live to see another day
There is nothing I would change or take away

I've had so many ups
That they far out way my downs
Lord I thank you for my life

[back to chorus]

[Verse 3:]

I realized some didn't make it...
I could've been one of the ones who lost my way
And there were times Lord I know I almost went crazy
But I'm still here, with my life

[back to chorus]

It may not be all that I'd hoped for
And every dream has not yet been realized
But to see your face one day God
I know it's all gonna be worth it

[Verse 4:]

So I thank you
Thank you for every mountain every valley
God every thing you brought me through
Thank you!
I know I know it was you
Just wanna take the time to say thank you Jesus for my life

No comments:

Post a Comment

For Guest Posts and Adverts, send an email to favourmoyse@gmail.com or call +2347038888290.

Contact Check!

  I remembered l have a blog today again. Not like today is the first day this has crossed my mind, but l decided to visit this site today a...