Sunday, March 18, 2018

Word for today.






I have too many apps on my phone. Some came with the phone, some I installed by myself. My need for apps is constantly evolving so I keep installing and uninstalling as the need or lack of it arises. Like the time I installed Talking Angela to distract the kids only to realise it would distract me every now and then by meowing for attention(bad kitty)...uninstall! Another time I installed Shazam because I was searching for a particular song, instead I unwittingly downloaded a satanic heavy metal song that instantly fouled up the atmosphere in my house . I had to plead the blood of Jesus and sanctify the place...uninstall!
Next time I installed Candy crush Saga just to know what the noise was all about. As soon as I got the hang of it I became addicted...uninstall! Abeg I'm redeeming my time because the days are evil. I'm not discrediting any of these apps, I'm just trying to say something (before they'll say I gave them bad market).

There are a lot of things that need to be uninstalled on the 'tablets' of our heart and some things that need to be installed. I'm preaching to myself here so please stay with me.

This morning the Holy Spirit whispered the phrase 'without guile' into my ears. Just those 2 words and that's it. No expantiation, no explanation. Any time He does that what He is saying is study on it, internalize it, become it.
I'm thinking... another app/ software to install!
First scripture that came to me is Where Jesus hailed Nathaniel
''Behold an Israelite indeed, in whom is no guile!''
I don't want to assume I already know the meaning so I look it up in the dictionary.
Guile: insidious cunning in attaining a goal, crafty or artful deception, duplicity. Trickery, fraud etc
And I thought of all the times I screamed 'Mr Rat please come !' just to get Akunna to eat her eba or the many times I promised candy I had no intention of giving. My first daughter is always wary when I make a promise to them in exchange for their prompt compliance to instruction. She would pause and smile suspiciously at me and whisper , hoping her sisters won't catch on on the conspiracy, 'mommy are you joking?' And I would whisper back 'yes' and she would play along pretending to go downstairs to get the candy.
What a lousy mom I've been. God forgive me and help me. Zoe didn't have a better word for it, or she would have asked ' mom are you lying through your teeth?' or 'mommy are you training and mentoring us on the art of lying and deception?' Because though it all looked cute and harmless that was the spiritual connotation of what I was doing to my kids. Like they say, it's all fun and games until someone looses an eye.
Sin always wants to upgrade itself just like the app on your phone...Next thing you will get a better version, soon you will be paying for the ultimate version.
Blessed is the man unto whom the LORD imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile.
I searched for the opposite of the word guile which is guileless and what I found was astonishing.
It means open, honest, sincere, genuine, childlike, simple, innocent, unworldy, honourable, straightforward etc
It just means a person who would never ever intentional deceive or mislead another person no matter the pressure or benefits that will accrue from such an act.
Sometimes we are hurt by other people's lies and scheming but it's never an excuse to do the same. Many times the troubles we encounter from the world are not as deeply hurtful as the one inflicted on us by God's people. But in those times we should like never before hide ourselves in the cleft of the rock and ask the Holy Spirit to protect us, not from the external attacks but from the wounds it may create in our hearts and the deadly impact it might have on our own character. I pray desperately in times of trouble, Lord keep my heart solely for devotion to you' Because I know that's what the evil one is after...to make me an angry, bitter, and suspicious woman who has lost her faith in God.
Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting psalm 139:23-24
Prayer: Today I make a commitment to You Holy Spirit to become a woman in whose heart there is no guile. Restore my childlikeness and keep my heart pure, innocent and undefiled. In the name of my Lord Jesus Christ.







Your comments are like butter to my bread.. Pleeeaaassssseeee don't starve me!!! Follow us on twiter HERE like our page on facebook HERE follow us on instagram HERE . Share this post to your friends, families, enemies infact everyone. FMB loves you.

Osayuwamen Favour Nosakhare

No comments:

Post a Comment

For Guest Posts and Adverts, send an email to favourmoyse@gmail.com or call +2347038888290.

Contact Check!

  I remembered l have a blog today again. Not like today is the first day this has crossed my mind, but l decided to visit this site today a...