Sunday, April 8, 2018

The danger of Silence









“In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies but the silence of our friends”- Martin Luther King Jr.
Every day, all around us, we see the consequences of silence manifest themselves in the form of discrimination, violence, genocide and war.  Yesterday, I watched a TEDx talk on “the danger of silence” by Clint Smith and I realized how l have short changed me and everyone around me. Often times, I find myself being a bystander on issues and not stepping in to say my opinion mainly because of fear but silence one day, silence the next … and we end up allowing something we didn’t want in the first place.  

There is power in speaking your mind. Voicing opinion starts a conversation, and a conversation sparks change. No progress has ever been made by people waiting quietly. Every voice matters, no matter where it is from. Speaking out is not just our right but our responsibility.
In silence, abuse thrive, corruption increases. Silence is the residue of fear. It is charring
It is chains
It is privilege
It is pain.
It is deafening.
What if you decide never to give up?
Who will experience your brilliance?
Who will never see your lighthouse beckoning?
The danger isn’t what will happen to you, but what will never happen because you choose not to use your voice,
Tell your truth!


Your comments are like butter to my bread.. Pleeeaaassssseeee don't starve me!!! Follow us on twitter HERE like our page on facebook HERE follow us on instagram HERE . Share this post to your friends, families, enemies infact everyone. FMB loves you.

Osayuwamen Favour Nosakhare 


No comments:

Post a Comment

For Guest Posts and Adverts, send an email to favourmoyse@gmail.com or call +2347038888290.

Contact Check!

  I remembered l have a blog today again. Not like today is the first day this has crossed my mind, but l decided to visit this site today a...